Wednesday 4 January 2012

Pink Mission #5 Weds 4th Jan 2012

Boxing Training this am with Coach Silviu followed by BJJ, today I got to play with the Awesome Tanya Cinquni - blue belt (1tab) she's a tough bird!

The session was hard our professor made us pass the guard with one hand and the person on the bottom was also only allowed to use one hand. Me =Mess lol.

2pm I'm sitting by the pool catching some Sun... Suprisingly it's so hot here you do not really sunbathe very long especially if training later as you end up being really dehydrated! I'm tanking down 3-4x 1.5litre bottles of water per day, taking B12shots and electrolytes... It's hard to keep up... If you get lazy with food and drink it doesn't take long before your to tired in training.

This evening I decided to go to Top Team for their Muay Thai Class instead of Tiger - the instructor is Robert who also helps with the boxing class. He taught me to skip properly rather than doubling up on both feet all of the time. The class at Top Team was awesome, the numbers are lower and the instructors were all really good, they worked with everyone on technique, beginners, intermediate and advanced they cater for the class as a whole. They are very technical but still make you do your conditioning and Robert also has a small Bamboo Stick lol.

The warm up was pretty intense followed by 3 pad rounds, 3 bag rounds then sparring. This time I had to do 200 knees on the bag 500 sit ups, 50 press ups. When I was doing pad work I was very nearly sick lol... 3 classes in one day is considered too much I know but we only have a few weeks to grab as much knowledge and technique as we can. Everyday I'm learning something new and the conditioning should improve my ability in competitions. I've weighed in at 54kg today.

Here's some info on Robert who's a coach and trains full time.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ENATwQ5_m3k&feature=player_embedded
http://www.phukettopteam.com/kru-robert-lek-2/

No comments:

Post a Comment