Thursday 5 January 2012

PInk Mission #5 Thursday 5th January 2012

Not much to report from today except that the early Thai Boxing class hurt and by the time I'd got to the NoGi BJJ session I was pretty much brain dead... However I did find it amusing how some people are assuming I'm on what's called out here"the Juice".

Like a PT said why don't you ask her before assuming. He was polite enough to!

I started weight training at the age of 19 (I loved the figure and fitness shows in body building comps and that was my inspiration when training) my diet for 3 years was porridge and water, tuna, chicken, rice and veg... I trained 6 days a week with weights and 3 days a week 30 mins steady cardio. I weighed 9st3 by the age of 25 I started to enjoy my cardio and took part in half marathons, I added daily 6km runs to my weekly weights routine and my strict diet. Yes I cheated at weekends with Pizza and alcohol.

In 2005 i was diagnosed with a thyroid disorder and later in 2006 Chronic Fatigue Syndrome (ME) I was put out of action/I'll for over 2-3 years, As time went by I still tried to train as in the end I ached regardless and my weight was always increasing despite not eating very much. In March 2008 I decided to make some life changes, I moved out of Exeter to ensure I could finish my uni studies and try and get around the CFS, I'd get up everyday and go for a small run, I changed my diet so that I did not eat any rice, pasta, bread or potatoes, I have also not touched alcohol for 3-4 years. I now live off a high protein, high fat diet with Fruit and veggies as my carbs... Getting over that illness was such a relief and I feel for those who still suffer, my attitude ever since is if I got it again I'd be gutted I didn't do as much training as possible, I make the most of every single day in training as that is what keeps me fit and Healthy, so if you work out 20 years of pretty much solid training and strict high protein, high fat dieting, what would you look like? do you have the right to accuse others of being on something when you have lived off crisps, chocolates, cakes and pizzas and not actually gone hungry just had a fad diet and giving up by eating a bag of donuts!

As a friend and I have always said "train as if your a royal marine and you will look like one and be like one... Fit and strong and ready for anything physically and metally!

No comments:

Post a Comment