Friday 16 December 2011

Pink Mission #5 16th December 2011


First day of training at Tiger Muay Thai started at 8am ... I went in the beginners class and Andy started in the Intermediates...They made us run for 25mins then do lots of other exercises including 30 Burpees to finish off. They then get you to put your wraps on ... A Trainer will do them for you too! Firstly we put gloves on and do combinations with no power, this lasts for about 20mins. Next up we had to split into groups so we do 3x3mins on Pads with pad man but 10 Press ups after each round and then rest for the remainder of the 1min.
Then 3 rounds on bags
Again 10 push ups in between.
Then 3x3 sparring rounds
With yes... 10 Push ups at end of every round.

To finish of we had to do 200 Teep kicks on the bag, followed by 3mins of fast knees on the bag

100 push ups
200 sit ups
stretch off end of session

Our head coach is Dand and he carrys a bamboo stick with him ...


In the afternoon we chilled by the pool had some lunch at Mamas restaurant.
Back in our apartment we only have one mirror which is in the bathroom- Andrew keeps going in there to check himself out and obviously do his shadow boxing. Lol

4pm went to the western boxing class which was running next to the MMA class... I got pulled out of the class "you over there spar" I was put with this lady who looked like a super scary Mma fighter... I was cacking it lol. It was good! she kept getting me with her jab lol but that was what I was here to work on.
It was good fun to get back into the boxing again anyway.   I got a snap of Andy in the warm down ...



I turned up at 7.30pm for the BJJ class in my gi as on the website it's says NoGi is optional ... The coach that was teaching just said ah no we are not teaching gi so you'll have to put up with no gi. I started the class with all the traditional warm ups then we had to do 30 take downs each - the mats were so thin I just thought after all the training hrs followed by being thrown by a novice Russian in NoGi I was going to get an injury. After some technique I decided to leave the class and apologised but I would come back another night with no gi clothing - it was so hot my gi was soaked anyway!

No comments:

Post a Comment