Sunday 4 December 2011

Pink Mission #4 - Hereford Open 10

Had an absolutely awesome day out with our club Project Mayhem MMA at the Hereford Open #10

Five of our ladies competed and 4 of them for the first time...

In order to calm the pre-fight nerves there was some really nice BJJ hair prep going on ....



They all did extremely well considering they have not been training very long and the whole competition experience was totally new to them.   Very Proud of everyone :0D




I'd like to say a BIG well done! to my Saturday sparring partner Kat Rix who trains at our ladies class and Exeter BJJ .. she had 3 fights and 3 submissions... go Katapillar!






For Pink Machine it was a day to remember as it was the first time I had fun and did not get nervous(normally i would feel that i had about 102 fights before I'd got on the mats lol) ... I held my own with both Vanessa English (Bronze world Medallist 2011) and Rebecca Hill (British champion 2011) although they won on points I was really pleased with my defence performance and I had enjoyed the whole experience... I want to fight both them as much as possible now... here we are on the podium.


Seymour Yang (Meerkatsu), had designed the backdrop banner and the T Shirts for the competition, if you are ever looking for a brilliant artist with a difference to design your logos/posters etc, he is your man.



 ... these were awesome and I was glad to get my freebie for entering promptly. 

Next event is February 19th March 2012

No comments:

Post a Comment