Saturday 12 November 2011

White Collar Boxing 11th November 2011 - The Boston Dome London



Hmmm.......I can honestly say that this was the most significant night and event of my life (apart from having my son Tyrian).  With only 9 days notice I took the opportunity to fight another female boxer at the Boston Dome, London in a White Collar boxing event hosted by Tim Woolgar.  My opponent had a height and weight advantage and had been boxing for 1 year (2 nights per week).  Despite the fact I had only been boxing since February this year  I wanted nothing more than to give it a go!

At approximately 8.30pm I watched some guys fighting in the ring,  it suddenly dawned on me i was going to get hit in the face and hard,  I did have a moment where I was planning my exit route but as soon as I heard the sound of my entry music and stepped out of the corner room that was it... Lucy Guy (Islington Boxing Club) and myself (Project Mayhem) went pretty full on in the ring for 3 x 90 second rounds.  I lost on points but I didn't care... I never expected to win I just wanted the experience of sparring hard with another female.  This was the most awesome rollar coaster road ever!  Now looking forward to my Chess Boxing Match in March 2012.

No comments:

Post a Comment